Saturday, November 2, 2013

diy : en plein air watercolor kit

image by --erin kate
image, a photo by --erin kate on Flickr.

I'm currently studying in Barcelona & I've really gotten into travel drawing/painting using this little "kit" . . .


I started with this $1 eyeshadow palette

- sanded off the label

- scraped out the eyeshadow

- painted the lid white to make a clean surface to mix colors on

-spray painted the outside (gold is best !)

- squeezed in my favorite watercolors (these are Koi brand)


& that's it! Some things I've done with it . .





[p.s. I'm still updating my travel blog if you're interested !]

10 comments:

  1. Those are gorgeous paintings! And such a genius idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! And such a good way to remember the places you've visited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever re-use of the eye shadow holder, and the artwork is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin, you really should make prints of these and list them in your Etsy shop. They are fantastic and I would definitely buy one!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you! I am actually trying to figure out the most economic way to make prints so that I can do that when I get back. :)

      Delete
  5. Amazing, how you made a travel kit for your watercolor, but eyeshadow colors were also beautiful!))) Love your drawings! Its a dream to travel and to draw everything you see that catching the eye and heart!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great idea. Your paintings are so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to post you a very little remark to thank you very much once again relating to the beautiful secrets youve contributed here. Its open-handed of you to allow unreservedly precisely what a lot of folks could have offered as an e book to earn some bucks on their own, primarily now that you might have done it if you wanted. The good ideas as well served as a great way to be aware that the rest have similar zeal much like mine to find out a whole lot more when considering this issue. I believe there are thousands of more fun instances up front for folks who find out your site.

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful art work! What a talent. Treasure it.

    ReplyDelete

thank you ! ❀